Vice-Chair Introduction: Karishma Patel

Hi everyone!


My name is Karishma Patel and I will be one of your vice-chairs for BMUN 72's Special, Political, and Decolonization Committee (SPECPOL). I'm currently a third-year majoring in Sociology and minoring in Public Policy on the Pre-Law track. I am super interested in topics related to human rights, sustainability, public health, and neocolonialism. If any of these topics interest you, I'd love to answer any questions or talk more about them! 

In BMUN, I am the Under-Secretary General of Events where I served as the Secretary General of our Fall Conference, a crisis-oriented mini-conference (hosted in November). Outside of BMUN, I am the Director of the ASUC Student Advocate's Office where I provide free and confidential aid to students navigating problems with the university. In my free time, I love hiking, baking, taking naps, exploring local coffee shops, and hanging out with friends!


We’re so eager to read and see your research on these topics in action this upcoming March. MUN has helped me grow not only as a public speaker but as a communicator and leader. We hope to make your BMUN experience an enriching experience and can’t wait to meet you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procedure and Committee Flow

Updates On Topic A

Updates on Topic B