Head Chair Introduction: Jaina Doshi

 

Hello everyone!

    Welcome to BMUN 72!! My name is Jaina Doshi (she/her) and I am so incredibly honored to serve as your Head Chair for the Special Political and Decolonization Committee (SPECPOL) this year!    

    I am currently a second-year student at UC Berkeley on the pre-medical track majoring in Public Health and Psychology. I am passionate about the intersection of healthcare, health advocacy, and the roles institutions play in ensuring equitable resources. This is my second year in BMUN, and 8th year being involved in the Model UN program. Joining MUN has been the best decision I made for myself, and has allowed me to not only become a more educated and involved individual, but also meet some of the most genuine and intelligent people Berkeley has to offer. BMUN has allowed me to explore my interests in international relations and help promote global advocacy through educating communities around us. Outside of BMUN, I am also involved in the ASUC Mental Health Commission as well as the Suitcase Clinic, both of which serve to advocate for social and health-related issues and connect students and unhoused individuals to impactful resources. In my free time, I love to hike, try new coffee shops, and explore Berkeley with my roomies!

    I am beyond excited to meet each and every one of you this year at BMUN 72, and cannot wait to hear all of the amazing ideas you bring to debate. I hope through your time spent in committee with us and each other, you are able to become better educated on the global issues surrounding us and the roles each of us play in helping eradicate them. 

Please reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding the topic or committee at

specpolbmun72@bmun.org. We look forward to seeing you soon!


Best,

Jaina Doshi








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procedure and Committee Flow

Updates On Topic A

Updates on Topic B